• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M927a2 spring brakes.

jnbru

I got a new too me m927a2 about 2 weeks ago. Working fixing the broke parts and the bugs. 1 of its bugs is the spring brakes have air on the almost continuously. The air valve on the hand brake is the only way to engage them. The dash valve has no affect them. Checked the hand valve and double check valve 3 and 4 there in good condition. The hand valve is not leaking nor does it have back pressure on it. Ideas on where to look next. Yes it has ABS. I'm not find the army manuals air line diagrams helpful.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Site rules request a state in your location.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I got a new too me m927a2 about 2 weeks ago. Working fixing the broke parts and the bugs. 1 of its bugs is the spring brakes have air on the almost continuously. The air valve on the hand brake is the only way to engage them. The dash valve has no affect them. Checked the hand valve and double check valve 3 and 4 there in good condition. The hand valve is not leaking nor does it have back pressure on it. Ideas on where to look next. Yes it has ABS. I'm not find the army manuals air line diagrams helpful.
Dash valve should be pulled out. That is normal operation. Pulling the hand brake up engages the driveline brake and cuts off the air to the spring brakes engaging them via the linear valve. When the parking brake is down then the spring brakes should be released. That is normal operation

These trucks do not have normal parking brake valves like a semi truck. That button on the dash is NOT a parking brake valve. It is simply a bypass in case the valve on the emergency brake handle fails to release to spring brakes it can be depressed in order to charge the spring brakes to get out of harms way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks