• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic hose fittings?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hydraulic hose fittings? and valley pan?

Can anyone tell me what type and size hose ends are used on the hose between the Hydro-Boost and steering gear?
I want to get some fittings to make hoses for my Mile Marker winch and it would be much easier than taking them off to check.
EDIT Ok so I pulled the inside engine cover just to make sure the engine had not been swapped for a 6.5L thus my satisfaction with the power and no, but I did see the heater valve was not closed all the way (if my other post about the comparison of the HMMWV and the Unimog 404 ever gets posted this will make sense)
but another question has arisen, is there a drain in the valley pan or is water supposed to just collect there until it rusts out? I did dig around a little towards the back but did not find anything.
Thanks

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Can anyone tell me what type and size hose ends are used on the hose between the Hydro-Boost and steering gear?
I want to get some fittings to make hoses for my Mile Marker winch and it would be much easier than taking them off to check.
EDIT Ok so I pulled the inside engine cover just to make sure the engine had not been swapped for a 6.5L thus my satisfaction with the power and no, but I did see the heater valve was not closed all the way (if my other post about the comparison of the HMMWV and the Unimog 404 ever gets posted this will make sense)
but another question has arisen, is there a drain in the valley pan or is water supposed to just collect there until it rusts out? I did dig around a little towards the back but did not find anything.
Thanks
I had the same question about the drain years ago. Indeed, there is a drain! It's a tiny hole in the back of the block about the size of a drinking straw that clogs faster than a gas station toilet. A pipe cleaner for big stiff and some pressurized water or air can help clean that out the rest.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there is a small line. The valley is all block casting so it does not hurt much to have a pond there.

kzeyus

The ends of the hose from the hydro boost to the steering box are re-usable and you can take them off and put on new longer hoses for the winch. I bought hoses for rear winch since they were cheap and cut off and reused the ends from the hydro boost to steering box hose. Clamp large metal end around the hose lightly in a vise and unscrew the angled fitting from the metal 'cap' in the normal lefty-loosey direction, then clamp hose and remove large metal 'cap' in reverse direction. On new hose, taper end slightly with grinder, screw on 'cap' (reverse direction) then screw end into cap.

kzeyus

In my case I needed custom length hoses - Put a modified M1113 winch on an M998. Using existing fittings from steering to booster hose to add to cut off rear winch hoses from ebay worked well and was cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks