• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 Pioneer Tool Trailer Base camper Build

mkrusi

M116A1 Pioneer Tool Trailer Base camper Build

Hello, i figured i would start a post on my build

I recently bought a M116A1 pioneer tool trailer built by Southwest Truck Body Co. From what i gathered it was used by the 945th Engineering Company which is a Ohio Guard Unit. Makes sense because i bought it from GovPlanet at a DLA site in southern Ohio. So far i have just power washed it and cleaned up the interior. I just recently finished cleaning the surface rust on the frame and painting it black. I am going to paint the body tan since i think it looks better than the original green. The trailer itself is not that rusty just alot of the paint from before is flaking off.

I am going to use it as a base camper. I will be pulling it with my 95 Ford F250 7.3, eventually i want to get a m1009 cucv to use but that is a later plan.

Things to Do so far
- Paint
- reseal door hinges, they dont leak alot but they look a tad rough
- Do any maintenance like greasing the hubs and stuff like that
- build a layout plan for the interior
- get a spare tire (i got lucky it came with the budd style rims not the split locking rims)
- Trailer lights adapter so i can use my trucks trailer plug

I will try to do update on the build when i do things. thanks for the read hopefully i can make a good thread like so many others have.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure that's the M116A1 trailer, not the A2. A2 had surge brakes and 8 lug wheels, A1 had no brakes and 5 lug wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks