• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading the M998 older fuel tank to an A2 tank

kcpstudio

Hey guys, I have another question. I’m upgrading my older M998 fuel tank. It has served me well but there’re are a few things wrong with it and some things forcing me to upgrade. I need to know if an A2 tank will fit an M998 with a 3 speed, a 218 transfer, but has the update e-brakes on the rear calipers.

my tank has a leak at two spots. First the rubber boot section of the filler neck, the drain plug, and possibly the gasket. My sending unit sticks on and off and is knocked free if I hit a good bump or hit the brakes hard enough to slosh the fuel around.

Next, I’m currently looking at installing an aux fuel tank and a 4 speed with a 242 later down the road. Doing a 4 speed requires the new A2 tank. But I need to address my main tanks issues now and I figured i would do the upgrade to that so it’s already done.

So, will the A2 tank fit a 3L80E with a 218T with upgrade E-Brakes on the calipers?

thanks guys!

87m998

I put a new tank in mine when I did the 700r4 mod with my 218. Doing the tank change with the tranny change leaves more room to install the trans and xfer case. Doing all the work on a lift also helps alot.IMG_5204.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, I have another question. I’m upgrading my older M998 fuel tank. It has served me well but there’re are a few things wrong with it and some things forcing me to upgrade. I need to know if an A2 tank will fit an M998 with a 3 speed, a 218 transfer, but has the update e-brakes on the rear calipers.

my tank has a leak at two spots. First the rubber boot section of the filler neck, the drain plug, and possibly the gasket. My sending unit sticks on and off and is knocked free if I hit a good bump or hit the brakes hard enough to slosh the fuel around.

Next, I’m currently looking at installing an aux fuel tank and a 4 speed with a 242 later down the road. Doing a 4 speed requires the new A2 tank. But I need to address my main tanks issues now and I figured i would do the upgrade to that so it’s already done.

So, will the A2 tank fit a 3L80E with a 218T with upgrade E-Brakes on the calipers?

thanks guys!
Yes, but make sure you still don’t have remnants of the old style e-Brake and differential support bracket installed.
The A2 tank is made for new style rear brake setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks