• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A1R winch rear fairlead mounts?

ramdough

Anyone know how the rear roller fairleads are mounted on an A1R truck? I was curious since the bumperettes are not used on A1R’s. Any pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried cruising pictures of for sale and past sale LMTV's at Gov Planet for ideas to get you started?
I believe the A1R trucks are different as the rear rollerguard would normally mount through the tail light/bumper which is different for the A1R. I've not seen a A1R w/w yet.

ramdough

That is what I was looking for. How do they do the roller fair leads because they don’t have bumperettes. They must use something.

I was hoping someone would know what they do for that application. I assume they did not get rid of winches on all A1R’s.

I figured someone here might know.

Anyone know what they did or do they just not have winches?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I would think there would be the rollers in an assembly bolted off the side of the frame rail. That would still put it in the same location.

ramdough

I figured it would be something small like that...... just never saw one before. That is why I was asking. I tried google, but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ramdough

From what I can tell, the fairlead from an A0 can bolt right up and the bumperette looks like it can be deleted.

I am guessing that is the intended design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks