• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who put the advertising in the threads

richingalveston

having the advertising in the thread really makes it hard to read. every thread i open has an add in the first post and the post is shrunk to a very thin column.

Can this be removed, it makes the thread hard to read and I think the add banner can be placed where all the others are.

This change was made recently (today or yesterday) and it really sucks.

CMPPhil

Problem with formatting

Hi

Between 8AM on October 1st and 7PM how new posts appear has suddenly change from normal width text to narrow display of only a few words per line.

Anybody else having this problem?

Cheers Phil

This post shows up on my tablet as being 4 to 5 words per line once I post in.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are you using a ad blocker? Only happening to the first and last post in the thread?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm trying to place ads within the first and last post of threads from google. This would only impact unregistered and normal users.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, they won't show for abnormal users?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a "normal" user? I have paid my dues, so wouldn't that be premium? Still getting the ads. Honestly this was one of the last places I could hide from them and it will make my time here much less appealing......

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see them also, with my ad blocker disabled.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've pulled them from the posts.

Again, to SETOYOTA and Wheelspinner. The ads you're talking about are in the first and last post in a thread itself on the left side of the post window correct? You're not talking about the advertisements elsewhere correct?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've pulled them from the posts.

Again, to SETOYOTA and Wheelspinner. The ads you're talking about are in the first and last post in a thread itself on the left side of the post window correct? You're not talking about the advertisements elsewhere correct?
Yes first and last post I think .

im having another issue as well. I no longer receive an email when a thread is updated

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right side of posts.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Correct the ads would have been on the right of the posts. They should be removed though now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've placed an add that will only display for registered users now. Premium users will not see it. And it's a site supporter as well, not a random google ad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks