• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B17 Nine-O-Nine crash in CT - 2019-10-02

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I was impressed with OG standing on top of ladder to service engine. Now having your picture taken while standing on top of ladder is not a great safety moment.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, gravity.
Funny. but Ben Roberts is correct. Something else happened here. This B17 managed to make a landing. It was not a "fall out of the sky" kind of crash. Whatever was wrong with an engine(s) is a minor factor. For some reason this plane got off-course and rolled into a structure, ruptured a fuel tank, then caught fire. Why it couldn't stop or steer after landing is likely part of the investigation.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

A couple of us members out here in Ca. flew on the 909 on Mothers day of last year.
First flight of the day too just like this was.
I placed a go pro camera up in the nose for the take off and wore a head mounted camera.
Took a 92 year old friend on it with us.
He was a pilot in his younger days.
The pilot of the 909 spent about 30 minutes talking to him in between the 3rd-4th flight of the day and signed his old log book.B-17 stuff 060.JPGB-17 stuff 027.JPG

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks