Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Brinker collection

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBrinker View Post
    The previous owner did the conversions, he made an adapter plate for both, machined the input shafts on the transmissions, fabricated motor mounts, mounted the radiator, and did all the wiring to make them run and all the light work. He is really good with projects like that and is a big vw enthusiast. He acquired both mites without engines, so it wasn’t like he took 2 complete original ones and hacked them up thankfully
    Phew, that's a lot of work. Holy crow, I just noticed you're in Maryland so I could actually see these at some point. The purist in me says "aw, bummer" but the realist in me says "they are running and driving, so people can see them." I can't imagine that parts for Mites are plentiful.
    Motorpool:

(Isn't owning one of this insanity enough??)
    1971 M813 "Ox" (named for Dewey Oxburger)

Sergeant
    Thanks

Maybe, I do a lot of events/shows in Delaware, but travel around to some other, farther away, shows too. I only take a couple vehicles though, I couldn’t imagine transporting more than 5 or 6 to a show. Around here we have a group of guys with military vehicles and we do a lot of local parades and shows together. I do wish the mites were all original, but at least now they are more reliable and its easier to find engine parts for them. Pretty much any part for them is difficult to find, it took me months to find a brake master cylinder for one of them.
    Last edited by CBrinker; 10-03-2019 at 19:33.

Sergeant
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2