• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC 383 paint sources?

CPYoung66

I'm new to the site and am in the process of restoring my '84 M1008. It will be time for paint soon & I'm looking for info on where I can get The CARC 383 paint as I'd like to go with the Nato 3 color camo pattern. Would also appreciate any info on the pattern....thought I saw something in in random TM on the web, but can't find it again.
Any help is appreciated.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe try posting in another forum to get answers? Like one related to your vehicle and not a "website help" forum. Just sayin'

SSGHillbilly

Rapco paint co. Boyce equipment out of Ogden UT. Has there contact or you may find it by a simple search on the web. I think Rapco is out of Ga. or Tenn. or somewhere down south there. But a true carc paint process takes a kit and I believe it’s not as a simple process. I wanted a real true military carc paint on my truck but actually they gave me the industrial army green. Same color but doesn’t have the toughness.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I myself have used both Rapco & Quarter Ton Parts for my CARC 383 paint, same paint from both sources & very happy with it all. As for "true" CARC paint that in itself is a whole different story. I worked for a company that built & painted tractor cabs for the military and the painting process was long & a pain in the ass! Once the painting process started you had so many hours to have it completed & sent to the oven to be baked on.

tourus

I live here in maine as well central me. I painted my M1010 a few years ago. I went to the local Sherman Williams store the referred to a Sherman Williams indusial store . the closest one is in conn. I called them great people . talked to them told them what I wanted and they mailed it to me no issues what so ever . they did ask where and who I told them that it was going to be painted in a shop they said ok maied it to me. it was about a 100.00 a gallon for paint I for get what the primer was but they sent it all.. good luck

Ue413

I worked at a place that provided the government attachments for the SEE. We had to paint them with CARC as well. We'd have a government inspector out periodically to check everything (including paint adhesion). We painted out of a pot and didn't bake it. The key for us was sandblasting with really dry air then painting. Worked well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks