• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from UK

ChrisUk

Hello all just thought I would post up here ! I'm Chris from England in the UK and will be doing a lot of reading on this site as I have just joined today.
At present I have a Flathead Ford V8 3 phase generator and a 1958 Leyland Martian heavy recovery truck that was in service with the UK army.
Cheers Chris.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome from SE Missouri!

How well does the flathead run?

It is Great to see and hear that some of the forgotten equipment is being used again. I cant wait to see a picture of the 58.

Hello!

Welcome from Germany.

Cool box Your truck.
Have you ever been to the Great Dorset Steam Fair?
Scammels are always a few, but I have not seen yours there yet.

The Flathead is also a nice engine, above all it has a very nice sound.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi

dmetalmiki

Welcome from SE Missouri!

How well does the flathead run?

It is Great to see and hear that some of the forgotten equipment is being used again. I cant wait to see a picture of the 58.
I can vouch for two questions asked on this topic right now.
The flat head ford V8 sounds awesome.
The flat head V8 runs great..In MY 1942 WW11 With the Overdrive I fitted as well.
Overdrive plus 700x16 Tires, give steady low rpm cruising and a not bad fuel consumption.
It does go up hills! EASY..On or Off-road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks