• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel Coolant Heaters

sassriverrat

Good Morning,

Wasn't sure where to post to get the best response so I figured I'd post in the forum to which I owned a vehicle.

Anyone know if any military trucks come out of the factory with diesel coolant heaters? Wasn't sure if any were designed that way.

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is a artic coolant kit designed for the military on a 939 series truck.

There are several kits on ebay under what you are looking for

sassriverrat

What’s that kit called? And any idea what trucks they were usually on? I’ve got a friend that sells surplus stuff for parts and with the 150+ parts vehicles, usually tells me I should plan to know what I’m looking for....

sassriverrat

Thanks! I'll take a look at it. It would be awesome to get one for cheaper than the cost of a new espar unit....
ext questions- reliability- are the S.W. 939J24 reliable units? As much as I don't want to pay for an Espar, there is something to be said about reliability. I have a 6 gallon calorifer hot water tank that I plan to use in conjunction with whatever diesel-fired heater I go with to provide hot water for showers/sink (domestic). I think this would be producing enough heat but I don't want a unit that's got a back track record and the wick is the only real concern I see here.

I realized I've read that forum before...I forgot about these heaters.

sassriverrat

EASI M-80 water heater (fuel fired)

Anyone ever taken one of these apart? With the cost of Espar units, I was thinking/wondering about taking one of these apart so I didn’t have the tank.....not sure what to do about the thermostat though. But hot water on demand! Anyone know the fuel consumption. I think I saw 5 g/h but that seems high....

I’ve been looking because I wanted to go a SW 939J24 but heard they were a maintenance nightmare supposedly. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks