Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Portable or Bluetooth speakers in a deuce?

Thanks

Default Portable or Bluetooth speakers in a deuce?

Search around the forums the last 2 days and I haven't found anybody talking about using portable or Bluetooth speakers in a deuce and a half. Now my deuce has a muffler so conversation in there isn't as hard as it used to be, but I want to be able to run a Bluetooth speaker or something for music without having to set up a whole stereo system. Has anybody done this and if so was it successful?
    1971 M35A2C " Marauder"

Big wheeler cat peeler Valley Rock's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was at the Hammers earlier this year a guy had one about 3 or 4 feet long set up on a crossbar behind his seats in a single open cab pickup with no windows and a noisy engine, it was clear loud and sounded great, couldn't tell you a brand name but I doubt it would be hard to find a variety of them on the intardnet .

I would say that's about the same situation as a Deuce in stock configuration .
    1952 GMC XM211 Water Truck (For Sale)
    1963 Studebaker M50 Water Truck
    1991 BMY M931A2 Tractor currently being converted to water truck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Valley Rock For This Useful Post:

Mrmag1 (10-08-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

I have a JBL Extreme portable bluetooth speaker that works fairly well for when I'm in my M211. I like the portability of it, and it has loops on top so you can hook a strap to it to mount it if need be.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carboarius For This Useful Post:

Mrmag1 (10-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carboarius View Post
    I have a JBL Extreme portable bluetooth speaker that works fairly well for when I'm in my M211. I like the portability of it, and it has loops on top so you can hook a strap to it to mount it if need be.

Pretty good sound quality inside the truck?
    1971 M35A2C " Marauder"

MVPA
    Thanks

Not bad sound quality, pretty good bass, fairly loud too. But my deuce is a gasser GMC m211, so it might be a little quieter than your M35.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carboarius View Post
    Not bad sound quality, pretty good bass, fairly loud too. But my deuce is a gasser GMC m211, so it might be a little quieter than your M35.
    Mine has a muffler at least so no ear pro needed.
    1971 M35A2C " Marauder"

Thanks

Blue tooth ! been using it a couple of years now, Wont go back to wired speakers again !

Thanks

Which speaker are you using?
    1971 M35A2C " Marauder"

Thanks

None. I want to hear what's going on with the truck, and I want every bit of available attention given to what's going on around me. Driving 14,000 lb. vehicles with 70+ year-old brake and suspension technology, steering that's prone to harsh bump-steer impulses, no anti-locks, no air bags, nothing to cushion impact from the sheet metal inside the cab, driving a high-profile vehicle with a roof that'll crush flat like tin foil if you roll it (or even worse, canvas)... IMO Listening to a stereo shouldn't even remotely be a consideration if we want to protect ourselves, those around us, and our right to continue driving such vehicles. I absolutely love driving my truck. I'm not afraid to drive my truck. But, by God I keep a close grip on what could happen if I'm distracted (or the bimbo in the prius next to me is) and I do my best to drive accordingly, as we all should.
    Last edited by Menaces Nemesis; 10-09-2019 at 12:39.
    Please keep in mind, there can be a quagmire of several, if not dozens, of TM's for any specific piece of equipment, spanning over thousands of pages of print, and the TM titles can be somewhat ambiguous regarding what is and what's not covered in the respective TM. So, when someone asks a legitimate question, Please don't be self righteous and rude by blabber-fingering "READ THE TM's!" Instead, Please lead with civility by providing the proper TM#, or Link, if you can. Thank You!

Thanks

I can 100% agree with you, however I am capable of having music in the background and paying attention to the road and my truck. Think that's BS? That's ok, I can fly a multi-million dollar fixed wing aircraft, work 4 radios, ICS and a MIRC chat...... I think I can drive my truck and have some music in the background and not get transfixed in a sing-along.
    1971 M35A2C " Marauder"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrmag1 For This Useful Post:

Gralmk (10-13-2019)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast