Thread: WTB Fuel Control Valve for Arctic Winterization Heater

Private
    Thanks

Default WTB Fuel Control Valve for Arctic Winterization Heater

Looking for the fuel control valve off an M1009 arctic heater kit.

It's the diesel fired heater on the passenger side, here's what it looks like

Fuel Control.jpg

Fuel Control.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited by Cubanken; 10-09-2019 at 17:03.

Thanks

The Stewart Warner 10530, and yours likely has the b-1 suffex, is a multifuel fuel burning heater rated at 2800 btu's, the heater is wick ignited, with an atomization cone that tends to coke up when fuel additives are used. I have 3 but at over 5 bucks a gallon for diesel im not in a rush to use them. I might be convinced to part with one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to snowtrac nome For This Useful Post:

Cubanken (10-09-2019)

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrac nome View Post
    The Stewart Warner 10530, and yours likely has the b-1 suffex, is a multifuel fuel burning heater rated at 2800 btu's, the heater is wick ignited, with an atomization cone that tends to coke up when fuel additives are used. I have 3 but at over 5 bucks a gallon for diesel im not in a rush to use them. I might be convinced to part with one.
    Where in western Alaska are you? I'm in Palmer, small world.

Just to be clear though, I checked my atomization cones and the wicks which are good to go. What I need is that unit that the fuel line directly plugs into from the line that comes from the shutoff valve. There is a second fuel line that exits and then goes into the cone assembly with the small copper tube.

The unit I need has three wires that clip on to the back of a circuit board that's attached to it. I'll take a picture when I get home.

Private
    Thanks

Here's a shot of the part I'm looking for.

Thank you!!!Fuel Control.jpg

Thanks

yes that is the more modern b-1 model I would have to look I think all of mine are the older dual solenoid heaters. the older heaters are a direct interchange and we found them more reliable what makes you think the valve is bad I have seen very few go bad when they did it was usually the coil which can be replaced by removing 1 screw

Private
    Thanks

Its leaking fuel. I resealed the fittings and when I turn on the pump there's fuel coming out of where the valve assembly heater plugs in. Resealing the fittings did nothing.

Thanks

I ran into that once to I think my housing was cracked send me a reminder text I will ck my inventory when I go out of town to do my site prep I will ck and see if I have a b-1 if not maybe I will just send one of my older units down to you they both use the same control box except the older models have a fuel off and on solenoid and a high low solenoid your b1 regulated heat by pulse with off and on cycles. The reality is those heaters work best when running on high all the time you have to be careful on a cucv because they can melt heater ducts and interior components. forgot my number is 907 434 0692
    Last edited by snowtrac nome; 10-09-2019 at 19:53.

Private
    Thanks

I ran into that once to I think my housing was cracked send me a reminder text I will ck my inventory when I go out of town to do my site prep I will ck and see if I have a b-1 if not maybe I will just send one of my older units down to you they both use the same control box except the older models have a fuel off and on solenoid and a high low solenoid your b1 regulated heat by pulse with off and on cycles. The reality is those heaters work best when running on high all the time you have to be careful on a cucv because they can melt heater ducts and interior components. forgot my number is 907 434 0692
    Awesome, thanks sir! If you find one, I'll really appreciate it. I'll shoot you a PM with my phone number.

Private
    Thanks

Tried sending you a PM, My number is 9073065617 and I live in Palmer.
    Let me know if you find something. While I have you on, I was going to find out why my coolant / engine heater with the swingfire unit on the other side isnt firing. I was going to troubleshoot the flame sensor but it's not even lighting off.
    I am looking for the cover for the swingfire tube as well.