Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MEP 805B wonít shut off

Private
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll update the thread when I have everything put back together and running. ��that’s the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,555 Times in 2,677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JW929 View Post
    Thatís what Iím getting ready to do. They have put a ton of silicone on all of the connectors. Iím just going to cut the line and put a shut off valve on the line in the event this happens again. I havenít researched the availability of the electronic actuator, is it readily available?

Before you get all radical, slow down a bit. There is no reason to hack the gen set up. Put it all back together like it was to start with. Then READ the TM on how to remove the Electronic Actuater. When you CAREFULLY remove the Actuater, see if the Actuater linkage is connected to the Ip. This sounds very much like several instances I have seen where the Actuater was not correctly installed. The linkage pushed the Fuel control to the side and the gen set continued to allow fuel to enter the IP. ALso, apply 24 VDC to the Actuater while holding in your hand, to see it it functions. Read the TM, it's your best friend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

peapvp (10-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,555 Times in 2,677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JW929 View Post
    I disconnected the plug going to the actuator and itís still running.
    This should have been your first clue that its not an electronic problem, but mechanical.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4