• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B won’t shut off

JW929

Mine has a strap that limits the movement. I’d attach a picture but it takes forever to upload. The process to attach photos is very time consuming.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are having governor actuator issues.if you cant manually shut down, loosen fuel supply line at injection pump

JW929

All that’s doing is spraying diesel full all over the engine compartment. It sucks that there isn’t a fuel shut off valve to kill the fuel going to the fuel pump. As for the rear screw on the actuator, I took it completely out and twisted the throttle backwards and it wanted to shut down but it kept chugging. I’m getting frustrated with this generator. Turning out to be more of a pain in the rear with all of the electronics.

JW929

Everything looks to be redundant. Pulls fuel from the tank on both sides of the motor. I tried taking the injector pump fuel line off but it just sprayed diesel everywhere. Took the fuel out on the fuel pump and it made even more of a mess. Interrupting the fuel should have made the motor diesel like it was going to stall out but no change. Very frustrated.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It only has one pickup line, right side under alternator, goes to fuel pump then filter. The line on left side is returned fuel

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disconnect line at tank, or before fuel pump, no possible way for that line to have pressure, it’s suction.

JW929

That’s what I’m getting ready to do. They have put a ton of silicone on all of the connectors. I’m just going to cut the line and put a shut off valve on the line in the event this happens again. I haven’t researched the availability of the electronic actuator, is it readily available?

JW929

I finally got it shut down. I’m going to look at picking up a new actuator or checking out the one that’s on it from the link you shared. Thank you for that btw. I think I may also try and put a shut off valve in the fuel line from the fuel tank to the fuel pump. Would definitely be easier to deal with should this happen again.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use that link, it has all troubleshooting. If you remove gov actuator, take out bolts, and be easy, it slides to remove, and don’t destroy gasket when sliding. There is fuel in there as well

JW929

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll update the thread when I have everything put back together and running. ��that’s the problem.

Guyfang

Staff member
That’s what I’m getting ready to do. They have put a ton of silicone on all of the connectors. I’m just going to cut the line and put a shut off valve on the line in the event this happens again. I haven’t researched the availability of the electronic actuator, is it readily available?

Before you get all radical, slow down a bit. There is no reason to hack the gen set up. Put it all back together like it was to start with. Then READ the TM on how to remove the Electronic Actuater. When you CAREFULLY remove the Actuater, see if the Actuater linkage is connected to the Ip. This sounds very much like several instances I have seen where the Actuater was not correctly installed. The linkage pushed the Fuel control to the side and the gen set continued to allow fuel to enter the IP. ALso, apply 24 VDC to the Actuater while holding in your hand, to see it it functions. Read the TM, it's your best friend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks