• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B won’t shut off

JW929

Well I was out of town and my wife fires up the generator. When she went to shut it off, the generator would not shut off. She tried everything and eventually it ran out of fuel. Two questions, 1. What would cause it not to shut off and 2. Where is the injector pump primer lever to prime the system before starting?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1, Electronic governor incorrectly installed, first guess

2. hand primer is on right side on fuel pump, near fuel filter. If you are repriming, crack fuel line at pump to help purge air

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, is this the same genny that you had low hertz on? And you opened the throttle skrew to get hz up?

JW929

Yes, the very same one. You think that me opening the throttle screw had something to do with it? I fired it up at least 6-8 times and shut it down without any problems.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably not but something else my be hinky with throttle control, i would get it primed back up, and recreate problem. Was emergency shut off bypssed during testing?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am out of time tonight, Guy will assist also after he gets his coffee here in a bit

JW929

Emergency bypass? No clue where that is. Is that the dead crank toggle? If so, she tried turning that to off as well and it ran for a solid day and half or so before it ran out of fuel.

JW929

Well I fired it up again and it still won’t turn off. The emergency shut off button does not work either. It doesn’t appear that there is a fuel shut off valve. Any suggestions other then letting it run out of fuel?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Manually operate the throttle, loosen jam nut, same as increasing throttle just on other side

JW929

No I have not adjusted anything since I haven’t a clue what I should be adjusting. I will see if I can locate the two wires on the injection pump. Any insight as to what I should adjust would be greatly appreciated.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull wires first at injection pump. If it doesn’t shut down, loosen fuel line at injection pump

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks