• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B No voltage at load output terminal board

wittkins

I recently purchased a MEP 805B. I have downloaded the User Manuel (MEP805B-MEP815B-Operator-Manual) and reviewed but am at a loss. The CIM shows I am producing 220 volts but...

When I go to check the output voltage at the load output terminal board, there is zero voltage.

Notes: My GFCI reset springs back and does not lock in place like a residential one would.... how do you check these? should it be locking in?
I am in the process of building the switch to fix my dim CIM so I cannot see if Contactor position is set to closed on the CIM screen. How long do I need to hold it in the closed position before that is set?
Assuming my GFCI is bad, where can I purchase a new one?

Other suggestions?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Adam Wittkins

Last edited:

wittkins

I've fixed my own problem.... operator error. I was not holding up the Contractor position switch long enough. Producing like a kitten...

wittkins

I’m using two of the three phases as a backup for house... so makes it about a 20kw set. While ⅓ less efficient as a single phase of same size, i am getting a better machine than a Genrac standby for same price. This one can run till fuel is gone, genrac only a half dozen hours at a time.

The MEP is pretty much new, 150 hours thru govplanet and only spent 5k. My last house burned down in ca wildfire. The generator will run well pumps, booster pumps etc in case of a fire again as well as random outages. Overkill I know. A house burning down makes you a little paranoid. My new one isn’t burning!

And working great as of yesterday afternoon!

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know i have already built the screen tool? I do loan it out, but it costs the freight both ways and a deposit

wittkins

I would take you up on it but I have the last of the parts, that dang 100 pin scsi connector, on the way. Ironically I designed almost same as you Without knowing it! but instead of push button, I went with rotary dial. . Used a similar termination board, also afraid I’d connect wrong wire and fry something. Thanks again for the offer.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts were not easy to find. Board came from china, 2 weeks, 100 pin cable from italy or greece, and he sent a 50 pin first time by accident.

wittkins

Amazon has the numbered termination board. Found a 100 pin on eBay after buying a 68 pin advertised as a 100. Definitely non standard pin out .

Guyfang

Staff member
I recently purchased a MEP 805B. I have downloaded the User Manuel (MEP805B-MEP815B-Operator-Manual) and reviewed but am at a loss. The CIM shows I am producing 220 volts but...

When I go to check the output voltage at the load output terminal board, there is zero voltage.

Notes: My GFCI reset springs back and does not lock in place like a residential one would.... how do you check these? should it be locking in?
I am in the process of building the switch to fix my dim CIM so I cannot see if Contactor position is set to closed on the CIM screen. How long do I need to hold it in the closed position before that is set?
Assuming my GFCI is bad, where can I purchase a new one?

Other suggestions?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Adam Wittkins
What you need to do is read the operators TM. In that book you will find lots of good info. One of the things listed in there is that the GFI is NOT for the output terminals. It only protect the 120 Volt outlets. So if the 120 volt outlets work after resetting the GFI, then it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks