• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-105a2 trailer cover, NOS

FloridaAKM

My latest M-105a2 trailer came with a new cover & remaned sides. The cover is the vinyl material with ropes on the sides & ends for tie downs & buckles closer to the top to close up the trailer for storage & transport. Of the 1/2 dozen I have, this one totally threw me for a loop trying to install it. Everything is fine till you go to cinch down the front & rear flaps because the plastic snaps are all male on the front & female in the rear. The inside material shines with the manufacturer data & FRONT marked on the inside & REAR marked for the end flap. The outside material is dull as it should be. The plastic tie downs are all out of whack as far as lining up for closure with the straps being 8" to 10" vertically off when ready to snap together, not to mention being male to male for the rear & female to female in the rear. This thing looks like a Monday morning reject from the cover factory when a new guy started up the line. Have any of you guys run into something like this? :cookoo:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like Friday late afternoon workmanship.
Yes it happens.

The manufacturer will not do anything about it now since it’s been surplussed.

FloridaAKM

I wouldnt expect the manufacturer to fix this as it is surplussed & has been sitting on a shelf for many years some where. It is what it is & so it will be tied down again & left as a good waterproof top that has issues. It will still work well as a stationary cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks