• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mbu v3

sassriverrat

Anyone ever played with these? I'm wondering, burning diesel, if they are smokey or not? Could they reasonably be used inside of something like an rv or tent (obviously with an exhaust of sorts) or are they going to make a complete mess of the place?

Thanks!

Jericho

By the time you get to the run cycle there is no discernable smoke, If you have smoke check the following, Fuel nozzle ,make sure its not coked up , Compressor make sure its nearly noiseless in operation , if its loud , change it . Fuel and air filters. they are very easy to repair , really only three main components, If any one has any fuel and air filters please contact me !

Jericho

No not really. If yours is smoking a lot it needs to be addressed. Sometimes they smoke s little during warm up cycle and if you have it where the wind is blowing across the burner. Post some video.

Jericho

tim is correct, they are not approved for indoor use and can put out 60k btu.s they are not silent in operation and have a very hot flame You would also have to supply a steady 24 volts power supply. get a RV stove and a direct went heater

sassriverrat

tim is correct, they are not approved for indoor use and can put out 60k btu.s they are not silent in operation and have a very hot flame You would also have to supply a steady 24 volts power supply. get a RV stove and a direct went heater
Ahh ok. That's what I wanted to know- the indoor part. The camper I'm building has 24v service and 110 via genset and inverter. It's the stove part that I wasn't sure about. Thanks for the info guys!

(size hadn't completely scared me away yet because I was thinking of cutting the frames up and reorganizing the layout...but you've answered my question!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks