• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do you draw the line $$$

Daves86

Oops winch Freespool wrong.JPG Should look like this winch Freespool correct.JPGAlso have to fix the free spool handle.

Had to cut the mount to get the winch to fit, and got in a rush to get the winch in place and forgot how the handle pointed till after all the bolts were tightened. I had pictures as a reference, just didn't use the references.

Still have to connect the power cables, wind on the cable and put the bumper back on. But it was a good day. Not sure the effort has been worth the cost but what price do you put on knowledge?

Another Ahab

Oops View attachment 787831 Should look like this View attachment 787832Also have to fix the free spool handle.

Had to cut the mount to get the winch to fit, and got in a rush to get the winch in place and forgot how the handle pointed till after all the bolts were tightened. I had pictures as a reference, just didn't use the references.
Like waiting until AFTER the first shot at assembling something to read the Instruction Manual.

I've done that so many times, I can't count 'em.

Daves86

winch finished 1.JPG
Weather guessers were wrong and a fine day was had in Northern Virginia (No rain). Finished with the reinstall! Yes I took the pic then realized I hadn't fixed the free spool handle (pic is wrong but the truck is right).
Winch works fine but have not tried under a load yet. All in about $900 in parts which is about half the cost of a new unit. Of course that does not include my efforts (or the $200 in tools that I added to the garage to make this work). I still think I broke even. Saved money and learned stuff in the process.

Net result I still don't know where I draw the line $$$

V/r
Dave

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no line... Just a gray fuzzy area beyond which the wife might start screaming (if she ever finds out).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks