• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Extinguishers and their refilling...

Lex_Ordo

So what or better yet, who is the contractor for the current issue USGI Fire Extiguishers?

It would be nice to keep things prototypical, and if the trucks were just recently released from service as mine was, they more than likely would have been fitted with the current issue extinguisher. Which means that thaey can probably be purchased from the contractor, and replaced if discharged.

DAP

I have some Halon extinguishers in my garage place appropriately. They used to be in aircraft but failed the FAA weight test so I fished them from garbage and use them as spares. Needle is still in the green

1958 M274

I have seen reference to "CFBr" in an old PS magazine, is that equivalent to "Halon"?
(Could Google it but it may shed some light on things here)
Yes. There are different types of Halon. The little red military ones made from the late 60's through the early 90's with the disposable bottles are CF3Br, also known as Halon 1301.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an FYI to everyone, if you get an ABC dry chemical extinguisher, get one with a metal top not plastic. The ones with plastic discharge valves are disposable and CANNOT be refilled. I don't trust them to hold up to rough environments either. And go BIG, the ones the size of spray cans are just about right to blow out the candles on a five year old's birthday cake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks