• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gaz 66

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys and NO this thread is not about Unimogs! I have been looking all around on the internet looking possibly for a Russian GAZ 66. I found one in Florida that looked virtually brand new and the owner had sold the truck for 7500.00 USD, pretty reasonable considering all the inspections done and it was registered in FL. I was wondering what you folks know about them concerning availability in the US? What are the parts sources in the US for trucks like these? What are your general thoughts on the trucks themselves, they look rather crude but at the same time they do seem to have a real draw for me, I would like to explore further. Any ideas and thoughts you folks might have on this subject would sure be appreciated!!

Thanks much
Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I guess Nobody knows anything about these trucks at all? Cool its always interesting to be the first at owning something new!
Karl

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can still get them in the Czech Republic. I was not sure if GAZ has a good name in reliability but the 66 seems to be OK.

My son had a modern version, something like a big long Ford Transit with double cabin and double tires in the back. Bought in 2009. We had to replace the drive shaft rather quick, heating never worked much, everything rumbled and rattled. Rust got through quick.

The very popular Cold War GAZ jeep is driving around here still and is very popular

The 66 you can get here from 1,500 to 5,000 USD

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks