• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cat 3116 lost oil and started knocking

coachgeo

Can those of you on facebook let the organizer of the group know we would like the group to not be a closed group. That way those of us that are not on facebook can still see posts even if we can not respond.
Will bring it up.... but I know the answer....... It's not going to happen....... closed group neccissary to help keep out the spammers selling scores of things and those who enter with no interest in FMTV's and only want to talk about their corvette or harley. Their are specific questions that must be reasonably answered before ones application to join the group is accepted. This is a good tool when used wisely and pretty much the main method of weeding out in advance to promote primarily FMTV topics.

Last edited:

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part #'s match up to the tm part#s pretty good. The line is 7w0367. $21 plus shipping. I ordered injector O-rings for my truck as well. The calculator on there page automatically puts ups on with a crazy shipping amount, but you can change it to usps for much better rate. Was $7 shipping.

One more question do you have their part number
Thanks Ken

coachgeo

Its the stock one. offroadeq.com. I ordered some other items related to the 3116 as well. Figured I would replace mine and try to avoid that failure.
IMHO remove the union from the engine block and reinstall in a manner that puts both ends of the oil line in most perfect path you can..... or if malleable enough... tweak the line for same purposes to leave it naturally formed to line up well. (aka- not formed under spring tension )

coachgeo

RonMar in here has also suggested a steel braided flex hose with Teflon. Teflon prevents inner hose from degrading and years down the road tiny pieces of rubber flaking into your Governor. Being a flex line eliminates the vibration cracking issue. Maybe your parker store can get such an animal?

Reworked LMTV

Looking at the lower connection, I wonder if the non-standard fitting could be changed out to accommodate a flex hose of sorts.

Has anyone talked to CAT directly about this issue?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks