• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 vs. M1045A2

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Define armored doors...m1045’s have supplemental x-doors, basically a steel plate riveted to an X-door.
if so, yes...they will fit, there is no difference in any of the trucks.

BLK HMMWV

pictures of doors would really help.
are they flat or have a slight arch / curve to them
What do the hinges look like and how many per door?
standard kind, piano type

BLK HMMWV

I personally have never seen any like that.
To me they kind of look like something improvised in the field.
maybe Steve (RWH) or Greg (86Humv) can give you a better idea

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looks like ASK just has a guard over the window. Some type of field mod though more than likely.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats an early Mak door....fits trucks with standard M10XX style roof, but Heavy and you would need alot of other parts and drill lots of holes to mount them.
Unless your wanting to armor the truck...I would not take them.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Free?

Maybe use for a pattern to make out of another material. In the crunch of developing add on armor in the field I have heard from my Nephews that a lot of scrap materials were used to give any type of protection from just small arms fire. He went on to say that windows were not even worried about because the heat was as bad as the badguys.

I will have to ask him about pictures on the convoy trucks as they were as He said prime targets. He also said that piles of scrap equipment were used piecemeal for layered deflecting surfaces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks