• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M925 is "missing" some rear dogbones...???

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,

After reading horror stories of self-destructing dogbone bushings, I checked my rear axles.

There are no top dogbones on the driver side of my 5 ton. No axle u-bolts, dogbone mount, nothing...??? Right side axles have the upper dogbones and corresponding axle mounts. Both rear axles have the lower dogbones (all four of them).

My truck is a 1986 M925 (A-Zero) with nearly 40k miles. It has not gone thru a "rebuild". I bought it from a farmer in Ohio who used it as a water truck for his crops.

The paint where the missing dogbones would be tightened is perfect, meaning no signs of them ever being installed...

Any ideas Simp and others???

Thanks.

Mike

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Torque rods are only on the passengers side of the truck. They will not fit in the drivers side due to the pumpkin offset of the 5 ton rockwell. Some walking beam systems have drivers side torque rods which is why the bogey has the holes behind the springs.

How your setup looks like you say it does is perfectly normal.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Torque rods are only on the passengers side of the truck. They will not fit in the drivers side due to the pumpkin offset of the 5 ton rockwell. Some walking beam systems have drivers side torque rods which is why the bogey has the holes behind the springs.

How your setup looks like you say it does is perfectly normal.
I did notice the pumpkin offset to the driver side and thought "pretty tight fit there for left, upper dogbones"...

As usual, you knew the answer Simp! Are M939 series cargo trucks like mine?

Again thanks and "relieved" I'm not missing suspension parts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks