• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crimping Tool

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wiring harness on my M101A2 trailer has some issues. I have the parts necessary (PS Magazine Issue 677, pages 9-13) to repair the connectors, but I don't have the crimping tool. Does anyone know the NSN for this tool or how to obtain one? Please advise

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google DMC AF8. I have that one plus a cheap one I found in a surplus store.

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked ebay. This tool is over $120.00. I doubt i would use it enough to warrant it's purchase. Do you know where to get the tiny number tags for the wiring harness?

USMC 00-08

The one in CARNAC's picture is a Douglas crimp tool. Another option is the Ideal/Buchanan C-24. Home Depot sells those new. They can also be found on ebay for reasonable prices.

papakb

I have several of the Daniels crimp tools and they work well on the military connectors. The Douglas tools were more commonly found in military wiring kits but are a much cheaper quality tool than the Daniels. For years now I've been using Buchanan tools, they work just as well as the Daniels and are considerably less expensive on the auction sites.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks