• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Master Cylinder issues

CombatJack

I rebuild all of the brakes on the goat. I put in all NOS wheel cylinder, new rubber lines, etc. NOS master cylinder as well.

Are you supposed to prime that in any way before pouring fluid in and bleeding down brakes? I had a **** of a time trying to get the brakes to bleed, but they would not. If i had a bleeder valve open, and my brother pumped the brakes, fluid would shoot out of the valve. but if i closed it, and be pumped, the fluid would come shooting out of the top of the master cylinder. I have NO clogs, and I can turn air pressure down to 5PSI and blow through the lines after disconnecting them from the master cylinder, and they freeflow just fine. I am stumped.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the brake system is not much different than any dual circuit light truck, I would “bench bleed” the master cyl to make sure no air is trapped in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks