• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash pad help.

0331king

My M1009 came with a near perfect dash pad, no cracks anywhere. However it was quite chopped up around the instrument bezel. Any ideas how I could repair this to tighten everything back up around the cluster? Also you may notice the corners at the speaker vents are turned down quite a bit. Am I wrong in believing I could straighten this with some gentle application of a heat gun?
4A90444B-601C-40B8-87D1-D1BBA50EE8D7.jpg816A9A55-9E6F-4F77-AC26-0850C7665467.jpg85E80936-5FDD-4009-AE7C-287C59662033.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

IMHO that does not look like a Genuine GM dash pad. It looks like a reproduction from Brothers or LMC. I have dealt with them. The OEM ones had steel all the way down to the flanges at the cluster cover. You will have to do the best you can with that cover. I like an original one even if it has a little defect here and there. I am going to attempt to fix one sometime with finish putty and a sander. Good Luck.

nyoffroad

I striped all the foam off with brake cleaner and covered the holes and painted it blue and never looked back .
I saw one kinda like that but the owner filled the holes and indents sanded it then sprayed some kind of texture coating on it, looked kind of like a pebble grain . Looked pretty good.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
topo that is a civi 1 ton I gather. Dual tanks, 205, 4 gear, looks like blue interior.

Are you in dirt work, starting fluid, topography, Operator or Laborer?

topo that is a civi 1 ton I gather. Dual tanks, 205, 4 gear, looks like blue interior.

Are you in dirt work, starting fluid, topography, Operator or Laborer?
Your right on the truck
The name TOPO came from topographical maps used for backpacking
I work in the oil field

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Right on, For 35 years I was a Grading Forman for a few large excavating contractors and maps, topography, blueprints and the big Yellow, Green, and Red machines.

Retired now but every now and then I "think" that I miss it, but then I "think" again. :clinto:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
And I see that you are low locked. It was always fun being able to wheel every day. And if I got hung up the dozer or highlift could get me out.

How much work was it to get all the covering off?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks