• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southwind Heater or Benmar Heater (48 hours to answer)

sassriverrat

Good Morning,

I've already posted a similar thread in the 5 ton forums but due to the time constraints of an offer I have and the increased traffic on this forum, I'm posting again...

Given the option, which is a more reliable heater, a Southwind 939J24 or Benmar 3050? I have an offer to get the Southwind for $200 after shipping or the Benmar for $350, but the southwind offer closes Friday morning (48 hours...). I understand from another member that the ceramic is probably a better ignition source. Are either of these heaters fully automated (as in power cycle on/off based on heat). I've found only a little online in terms of manuals and paperwork for these, so I figured user experience would probably know better. My plan is to use one of these with a calorifier 6 gallon hot water tank to provide shower/sink hot water in my camper design.

I had another offer on a thermal 3705 which is really enticing but I haven't worked my designs out yet. From what I've heard thus far, it sounds like the Southwind might be good to let go.....

Thanks for the responses!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks