• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survey...... "oil line of death 3116" (governor oil feed line)

Reworked LMTV

20191118_071034 (2).jpgSorry, I meant the fittings. I replaced them, and they did not come with an O ring. The original fitting O rings were questionable.

"It's been a couple years since I took mine off, but I don't think the OEM metal tube had o-rings. I think it's just a standard flare fitting. But I could be wrong. "

I just replaced mine not long ago. It actually is a flat interface, no flare or o-ring. I thought it was strange to not have any flare to it, but it seems to seal.

Last edited:

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 783125Sorry, I meant the fittings. I replaced them, and they did not come with an O ring. The original fitting O rings were questionable.
The CAT code of the 2 o-rings are 4J5477...
Bought together with the tube, but after reading this thread I decide to switch to PTFE flexible hose.

in my opinion (but I am not a expert) the problem in this tube is the diffrent vibration produced from engine and air compressor. Even more if some part came loose. For sure the initial failure is not the tube, otherwise CAT would react, but one leads to another.

Maybe vibration sensors near driveshafts and air compressor can help to find failures before become catastrophics?

Christian

Reworked LMTV

Thanks for the cat codes. I will order and throw the hard pipe in as a spare. God forbid something goes wrong with the flex.
Bought together with the tube, but after reading this thread I decide to switch to PTFE flexible hose.

in my opinion (but I am not a expert) the problem in this tube is the diffrent vibration produced from engine and air compressor. Even more if some part came loose. For sure the initial failure is not the tube, otherwise CAT would react, but one leads to another.

Maybe vibration sensors near driveshafts and air compressor can help to find failures before become catastrophics?

Christian

Reworked LMTV

I have a device that which I believe can capture the harmonics that you are talking about. If there is a break in the weather today, I may run some tests.

Christian

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watching this thread with interest. Have 6 tires to mount and a transmission to install before I get to this point though...

dmetalmiki

Top quality steel braided Teflon will NOT let you down.
And, I would re route the whole badly designed set up!.
So it 'bounces up and down'!'?
OK, Re - route, and,..let it 'bounce away' to it's hearts content.
jus' my ha' penneth...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks