Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Odyssey PC2250ST 6tl the bad? best seller?

Corporal
    Thanks

Well I did flips and twists, lost a little sleep, looked at it from many angles then today I committed and ordered 2 Odyssey PC2250 batteries...

Colonel
    Thanks

while the cost might be a little upsetting, I doubt you'll find any reason to be unhappy with the batteries themselves.

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    while the cost might be a little upsetting, I doubt you'll find any reason to be unhappy with the batteries themselves.
    One of the employees where I work paid over $400.00 for their Jeep battery because it was in the passenger compartment so I don't feel too bad, that's one of the issues with getting old, I can remember when you could buy a Sears Diehard, at the time the best battery made for less than $40.00

Corporal
    Thanks

I got them into the battery box last night, they will not go in as the diagram shows as they are not quite square, this puts the handles on the side the hold down grips, this will require some modification to the battery hold down fixture, I will post pics when I get it done.

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mogman View Post
    I got them into the battery box last night, they will not go in as the diagram shows as they are not quite square, this puts the handles on the side the hold down grips, this will require some modification to the battery hold down fixture, I will post pics when I get it done.
    I typically don't mod my Humvees off of stock, but this is one adjustment I made, which I do like and works well. I slice 1.5" wide cuts with the dremel and feed the same width velcro straps. It's as rock solid as the factory bars and eliminates all that extra crap in the way. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...24bb3d04e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Corporal
    Thanks

I notched the OEM bracket, worked like a charm, I decided not to put the battery switch facing the rear passenger, like many before me I removed the slave connector, punched out an aluminum plate and that is where I put the switch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mogman; 11-07-2019 at 18:49.

Corporal
    Thanks

Funny that I had just posted in this thread about my otpimas and had an "oops".

I was hooking my ibis tek light bar up and I dropped one of the battery hold down bolts and it arc'd against the positive terminal and body of the HMMWV. Had some smoke coming out from the vehicle light switch area so quickly went to disconnect that. All lights work, hmmwv starts, but I think I might have killed the ibis tek controller since I have no output from that now

Corporal
    Thanks

Bummer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2