• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crimper model numbers

ramdough

So, did some SS searches and found a thread, but I wanted to drill down a little further.

What crimpers do you need for your FMTV toolbox?

I found in other threads:
Buchanan c-24
Dmc af8
Mention of a Douglas crimper.

Can someone please say which crimper you would want for each applications on an FMTV?

I already plan to crimp Packard connectors. Trying to decide what I need. Also, price is important. Some models are stupid expensive. Please provide recommendations for price minded people.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
For the female packards I use a snapon pwcss7cf. Which does regular small terminals and is also a wire stripper. Very handy tool. For the male packards I use a daniels af8.

ramdough

For the female packards I use a snapon pwcss7cf. Which does regular small terminals and is also a wire stripper. Very handy tool. For the male packards I use a daniels af8.
Do you need a turret head on the Daniels af8? Which one? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
go to that auction site and search for 'crimper SN-48B' This is the basic crimper that will do uninsulated terminals. If you go to ali express there are hundreds more. I have 5 or 6 of these as well as automated machines that strip and crimp from reels of terminals, a real time saver.

Reworked LMTV

Crimping is much more of a Science than most realize. There is a good video on Youtube going in to the physics and flowing the copper etc. Changed the way I crimp my connections. Got the RIGHT tools. Lots of pseudo tools that sorta work out there.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crimping is much more of a Science than most realize. There is a good video on Youtube going in to the physics and flowing the copper etc. Changed the way I crimp my connections. Got the RIGHT tools. Lots of pseudo tools that sorta work out there.
Have a link?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks