• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A1 Water Buffalo with A2 Tank.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
15E811C0-F6B8-4AD3-B081-A6DCEB0FC0DB.jpeg91266507-CF41-4834-ABDA-6012E56487F0.png0F9BA94E-45B3-4D90-94A7-E0B28C0DCEB3.jpeg6A7D0A26-4B23-4FFE-AE19-9691695F58B0.jpeg328C2C3E-4AC6-4C68-BE3F-59D146632A29.jpeg

Well it’s all finished except for stenciling.

Tows great empty around town and does really well when full around the ranch.

Truck was in 4L when towing it this morning around the ranch. Up and down hills were comfortable.
I know when it’s half full it will be a completely different story and extreme caution must be taken so the trailer doesn’t drive the truck

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided that it’s not worth the time and expense to install a surge brake actuator as I originally wanted.
It will almost never be on a public road and when/if it does, it will only be for 7 miles of backroads to my families ranch.

I’m very happy how it turned out and it is now ready to provide many years of ranch service providing emergency drinking water and water for fire watch when burning brush piles.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 780506View attachment 780507View attachment 780510View attachment 780511

She cleaned up decent.
Sprayed it down with Ospho Rust Inhibitor today.
NOS military trailer electric cord ordered.
NOS parking brake cables ordered.

It looks a lot rougher than it feels.
Power washing did wonders.

Will feel much better once it’s painted.
I was looking for parking brake cables for my M149A2 and the few vendors who had them wanted a "small fortune" for them...

Since the cable conduits were still good, I was able to disassemble the cable ends, clean, lube them and re-use them (my handles were "frozen" though - had to rework them to make the cables and handles play nicely with each other...)

Nice job on your rebuild!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at eBay at the right moment and bought a NOS set of brake cables for $25.
The originals were too stretched to save.

I towed it around almost full yesterday for a few miles on backroads.
Wow.......Huge difference.
Even being 90-95% full, you can feel the water sloshing around.
It was powerful.
Can’t imagine what it would be like half full.
Trailer itself tows great

Like someone mentioned in another thread, you either tow it completely full or completely empty

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been used in many ways.

Makes a handy remote water source.
It’s been used for remote showers, watering deer plots, filling thirsty dog water bowls, washing hands and face without having to go to or inside of house, etc.

It also gets used as a pressure washer supply
Very handy since now I don’t have to drag Everything to the house.
A garden hose nozzle on the bottom drain supplies plenty of flow and pressure to the washer. Works great

I keep it full and it sits in full time shade.
Even on the hottest days it’s a refreshing cool drink of water.
I have the lid Hooks safety wired to show if it’s been tampered with.

Extremely happy with it.

I haven’t done any stenciling work on it, other than tire pressure.
Someday when it’s cooler.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work. I finally just got one after trying to get one at a good deal for a few years now. Not sure I will go as in depth as you did to make it look nice but good information here!
The good deals are few and far between.
I bid and lost on one a few weeks ago and it went for serious cash.

Glad you found one.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up an M149A2 with a stainless tank in excellent condition from Camp Lejeune in North Carolina several years ago. I almost always pull it with my deuce when I'm in a parade or an MV show. I use it to water plants and trees occasionally on our 40 acres. We also had a very serious forest fire here a few years back that lasted several weeks with a lot of firefighters from around the country helping to fight. My water buffalo helped provide water to the firefighters. I was able to pull it up right in the middle of the action with my deuce. I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

IMG_3506.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
FORSCOM has these ADA units. The 1/43, 2/43 and 3/43 are all Patriot Units. All these units used to be here in Germany, and I was in 69th ADA for 10 and a half years, the 11th ADA for a year. I also supported all these units for 7 and a half years. Old home week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks