• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder replacement, 1987 m35a2c

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi.
This is Bill in pa.
Im finally replacing my master cylinder.
As I said I have a 1987 M35A2C.
Was a U.S.A.F. truck.
Has duel air paks
I ordered a new one based on what the truck is. Master Cylinder New.jpgMaster Cylinder New.jpgMaster Cylinder Old.jpg
Master Cylinder Old.jpgThe one my wife is holding is the new one.
The other is the one that's in there now.
What do I need to order?
Thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:

rustystud

That new master cylinder you have there is not a "dual" master cylinder but a single one. A new "Dual" master cylinder will run you about $250.00 to $300.00 easy. That one you have is for all the single circuit brake systems used on all the Deuce's until the late 1980's "Air Force" dual brake circuit Deuce's came out.

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help.
I completely explained to the guy what I have.
1987 M35A2C.
duel air paks U.S.A.F. truck.
Thats what he sent.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That new master cylinder you have there is not a "dual" master cylinder but a single one. A new "Dual" master cylinder will run you about $250.00 to $300.00 easy. That one you have is for all the single circuit brake systems used on all the Deuce's until the late 1980's "Air Force" dual brake circuit Deuce's came out.
Rusty, I dunno, that is not a FE777 MC, the outlet(s) are on the side and not at the rear, (single line) like the others I have seen. Also lokoks like a plastic reservoir. Looks like two outlets. Where do those two lines go?

rustystud

Guess Rusty was referring to the new MC held in hands, not the one installed.
Definitely not the correct replacement part.
Yes.
Though after looking at the picture again, it appears to have two ports. Confusing. Need some better pictures of the new unit. For sure it is not a M35A2 Dual master cylinder though.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I was referring to the mounted pic. The replacement is the FE777 style. Sorry for the confusion.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure looks like the one held in her hands is for the single circuit brake system. The old one still mounted to the truck is a dual circuit MC.

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a casting number on the mounter master cylinder.
2230600. Looks exactly like what in there.
If you look that number up there are 9 different ones.
Difference is the line out size.
I ordered one $126 with the parts guys discount.

Nomad1

I think the fact that master cylinder she is holding is upside down may be throwing some people. At any rate he should be able to get refund or exchange for right one. The supplier should be able to straighten this out let know how you make out.

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I Got the correct replacement Master Cylinder yesterday.
Ordered it from Boyce Equipment.
Put it in today.
Stops on a dime with 9 cents change.
No more pumping. Good firm pedal. Don't fade to the floor.Newmastercylinder.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks