• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 007a

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This unit was at a work place. Delivered no fuel, oils. Drained etc. After oiling up, fueling, new batteries priming systems, tried to fire up. Not luck not even a burp or hint off starting. Techs cranked and cranked and more almost running all battery charge out. Fuel to injector pump and to
injectors...... any thoughts?

Thank you,

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If you have enough fuel pressure to the injectors but they are frozen from sitting you will just kill your pump. Or the pump isn’t making enough pressure to open the injectors. I have one here I just got in. Haven’t gotten that far yet though. What did you use for oil filters?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm kind of overseeing the technicians working on this thing , As a bystander from a different department. which is kind of a joke. they put some filters in and left some filters out. they didn't listen to me in terms of disconnecting the supply hose that feeds the injector block to bleed out lines and get clean fuel before connecting back to injector block and before priming. Not the way I would have done it, but my hands are tied. I made suggestions and they said all that doesn't matter. Although they will be charging for probly a rebuilt injector block and more service.

Guyfang

Staff member
A Diesel engine needs three things to run. Air, fuel, and compression. If you really have fuel to the injectors, then you need to look at air, and compression. At the end of the day, any kind of problem with the set, has to be fuel related, IF you have air and compression. It can be electrical related, but it all turns around fuel. Are you getting fuel under pressure to the IP? Are you getting fuel under pressure to the injectors? Are the injectors popping off? No fuel. No start.

If the air is good, its more or less a fuel problem. I would bet my last dollar that its not compression. This is one of the very best engines ever put into a gen set in the last 50 years. Are you getting idiot lights? If not, I would first check the air. Pull the filter, turn the set over. Do you feel the large movement of air into the air intake system? If so, that's probably not your problem.

I would then next crack the injector line the farthest from the IP, and crank it over. Bleeding the air out is not as easy as everyone thinks. When you crank it over, fuel shoot out of the lines.

Do not forget to make sure the batteries are fully charged.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy is who gave me all that filter numbers posted earlier

Guyfang

Staff member
Will,

I might be able to get all the books, but hey are to big for him to send. I asked him to look up part numbers/NSN for the oil filter, and the rest of the filters. Hopefully he will answer in the morning, if he doesn't have a plate full of work.

Guy

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy,

I would be interested in those NSN filter numbers also.

Thank you
John C

Guyfang

Staff member
Will, John,

Here is for the Oil filter. He didn't give me anything else, so that means he is under way. There are about a million NSN's and Part numbers for this filter. Will look them up when I get home again.

NSN: 2940-00-580-6283 Still used in the A10

PN:
108004 (74069)

23530410 (ZV845) Australia

2940007187391 (SCY13) Morocco

P20-HD (12658) Baldwin

CW-203MP (79396) WIX

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I got those exact filters, gov surplus with the nsn label on them. The filters look to be the correct size but the housing gaskets are not large enough to fit the filter cans.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah that the problem I've been hearing, o-rings regular or o-ring square flat ?

JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks