• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 lights only Left side no Right.

marbaja252

have done a front-end rebuild and pulled the whole front apart putting everything back as it was before no lights at all on the right side left side works grounds are Good grounds are back in place I'm stumped

nyoffroad

If none of the lights are working and you do have power at the bulbs then it has to be a bad ground, should be a black wire going to the core support with a star type washer on each side.

Barrman

Start at the firewall. If you use a 10mm socket to unbolt the wires at the back of the fuse panel. Everything will unplug. That plug is actually 3 different plugs snapped together. Rear harness, under hood and front lights. Use appendix E from the back of the -20 manual to verify you are getting to what you have on. Clean all the contacts since you have it apart and if you want. You can probe with a 12 volt source to try hot wiring all of the lights. If nothing else, starting at the firewall has you cleaning all the contacts.

pulling the plug to hot wire or just turning on the lights doesn’t matter. Probing with a test light to the contact inside the light socket needs to be done. If power is there then ground contact inside the socket or the ground wire pointed out in the above post is the problem. No power then start tracing the circuit as the manual says.

marbaja252

I have removed grounds both and cleaned. I do have head light no front marker or side t/s. Found front marker has power both sides. Ground good there. Must be bad socket. Will replace and recheck. Thx guys.

cucvrus

The little metal ground prong in the front light sockets is notorious for breaking off. I recommend you change out the light sockets. I bought new ones at NAPA, Autozone and salvaged them from scrap vehicles all along the way. Free stuff that would other wise be wasted in the scrapping process is always nice. Also the headlamp sockets are prone to loose prongs in the sockets from age and corrosion causing heat and metal fatigue in the prong contacts. Easy fix or replace. LED headlamps are a nice up grade and require less amperage. Good Luck what ever your choice. 30 + years has taken it's toll.

MarcusOReallyus

have done a front-end rebuild and pulled the whole front apart putting everything back as it was before no lights at all on the right side left side works grounds are Good grounds are back in place I'm stumped

From the rules you agreed to:

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English.

I know a fair amount about electricity but I'm sure not going to volunteer my time to someone who is so lazy he can't even use commas and periods. You come here wanting help but you expect volunteers to do the extra work of sorting your your word salad?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks