• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee steering wheel

Kenneth Cole

Good day

Can anyone tell me if the mounting for a 1991 Humvee steering wheel is different then for a 1993. I know the 91 has a splined shaft.

Thanks for the help

Ken

DREDnot

I'm pretty sure they are the same. My 93 came with the early skinny OD wheel and the newer thick black A2 wheel bolted right on.

DSCN5910.jpg

DSCN8319.jpg

DSCN8619.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would hope RWH's weighs in, because when I asked him a number of months ago he told me I would need to replace the steering column in order to swap my 1987 A1 to the newer style steering wheel, unless I misunderstood.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would hope RWH's weighs in, because when I asked him a number of months ago he told me I would need to replace the steering column in order to swap my 1987 A1 to the newer style steering wheel, unless I misunderstood.
You misunderstood him...there are two hmmwv Columns, both have the same spline.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks