• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civvy wiper upgrade (arms and blades) - need ideas

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, I need some suggestions on wiper upgrades.

I have the good aluminum air powered motors (which I like) and the standard civvy arm and blade upgrade everyone here has been running for years (Anco 41-01 arms and 31-13 blades). It works awesome except the chickenpoop plastic clips which attach the blades to the arms.The plastic clips aren't strong enough to hold the blade upright, the blade leans over and breaks the clip (see images below).

Do any of you have a different upgrade that gives you good civvy arms and blades with the original air motors? Yes, I know about the A3 style electric kit, I can't do this on this truck because the electric kits are $400 and I have a cell/GPS mount on the center windshield post which I have come to love.

Thanks

What I'm running:
20191021_095454.jpg20191021_095503.jpg

The clip that breaks:
20191021_095523.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are also Anco blade connectors that are a tad too narrow for the clip. They twist inside the clip and break it. Then the stupid wiper blade sits on the window sideways or falls right out. Are you sure you're using the right ones?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The wiper blade I'm using is from NAPA it's stainless and fits early 50's Chevrolet trucks I don't know if they still have them of not . The arms just don't have much down pressure even the ones with the springs are weak .

Attachments

winfred

i don't have a pic but im running the rear wiper blades off like a late 2000s suburban, drilled out one of the cross rivets where the plastic goes for the J hook and installed a bolt pinching the blade body almost down to the hole the cotter pin was attaching the original blades to the arms, been in one mother of a rain storm and wipers was one of the few things i didn't complain about. something like a 10" or 12" bosch microedge or anco blade outta be the same as the gm ones i got at the gmc dealer i work at

Jeepsinker

I heated mine and bent them into a J profile to hold regular 13" blades and drilled a 1/16" hole through it to match corresponding holes in the blade clips and inserted tiny stainless screws, washers, and hex nuts. I'll try and remember to get a picture today while I'm out working.

77 AMG

i simply squeeze the center "bridge" of the wiper blade together until it firs inside the little folded piece of stainless and then use a small nut and bolt to hold it in place.
IMG_20190907_162752.jpgIMG_20190907_172148.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks