• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a new to me trailer from govplanet pickup location

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never Ever assume that a Law Enforcement will let you slide on something.
While it’s true we have discretionary latitude on some things, most of the time we do not.
My personal view on former military vehicles might be completely different than the guy flying with me.

It’s the guys who try to BS the officer about trucks and trailers and intentions with them, as far as transportation from recovery point, route home, etc.
Just be completely honest.
Most will try to help you if possible.

Your attitude is everything.
Being a jerk, rude, etc is when they will make your day not so great.

Your states DOT officers will know exactly what’s required.

If I spotted you and your LMTV towing that trailer, I would wave and carry on.
Maybe just a bit jealous too!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been pulled over several times driving one of my deuces without tags. They never mentioned the fact that I didn't have tags mounted. They pulled me over to look at my truck because they thought it was cool and were interested. Although I almost never have my tags mounted, I do keep them in my cab attached to magnetic mounts.

I did have one close call. I recovered an M105 trailer and some other items with my F150 years ago at Fort Riley. The GL people told me that the local LEOs almost always waited outside the main gate during recoveries and would pull me over and give me a ticket with a many violations as they could muster, to generate local revenue. The GL guys showed me a back gate that was closed, but had some Army guys open it so that I could exit out the back and not drive by the local police. No tag posted on the trailer and no problems all the way back to Georgia.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks