• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A2 acquisition

HASSON1911

Just unloaded my M1028a2 she fires right up on the first crank and purrs right along. First step is starter relay modification followed with manual glow plug mod. Next it's off to the body shop to cut out the rust and repaint. $4800 how'd I do?

I had plans for a 6bt swap but after discovering their rarity she'll be kept relatively stock with a possible exception to a lift and tires.

Attachments

HASSON1911

As a backup, I didn't know about new cards, I just have read about the plugs staying on so I was going to tap the blue wire with a momentary switch while keeping the rest of the system stock.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. The other mod to consider is bypassing the GP resistor and running the glow plugs from a 12V source. Keeps the cascading effect from destroying your remaining glow plugs if one fails.

MarcusOReallyus

As a backup, I didn't know about new cards, I just have read about the plugs staying on so I was going to tap the blue wire with a momentary switch while keeping the rest of the system stock.
Some folks here consider that heresy. Some of us consider it a good idea. I have mine set up that way. If the card fails, I'm good to go.

HASSON1911

Some folks here consider that heresy. Some of us consider it a good idea. I have mine set up that way. If the card fails, I'm good to go.
That's my view to, my understanding is pushing the button with a functional card it works normal but if the card ever goes out it should still work just without input from your sensors, am I understanding that right.

Also looking to just upgrade the gp solenoid on the firewall to an st85 to get ahead of the inevitable repairs of a 30 year old part failing.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the improvements in the above threads need to be done. However one of the most useful upgrades I’ve done to my truck was to replace the rear drum brakes with discs.

MarcusOReallyus

That's my view to, my understanding is pushing the button with a functional card it works normal but if the card ever goes out it should still work just without input from your sensors, am I understanding that right.
If you have a working stock system, no need to use the button at all, unless the stock system fails.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks