• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker control unit for LMTV 1089 Wreckers.... winchs/stinger/fold/extend etc.

Socommfg

I have had a request to manufacture a Wrecker Control unit for the 1089 wreckers.

Before getting into running down all of the parts that are needed I would like to find out what the level of interest is. These will be made in new aluminum cases, unlike the original steel box.

Final cost will be reflected in the amount of interest, The plugs are very expensive.

We currently mfg'er the crane control cables for the 1089 and the Grove style Crane units and have the control assembly.

coachgeo

Since you make part of the OEM M1089 Hydraulic system already..... would part of why you have to remake them differently.. be because you can not conflict with existing govt. contract/regulations? Just curious..... makes since if that is part of the reasoning in change to aluminum cases.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's a private individual like us and can make some of the electrical stuff for us.
By copying it.

Like some of my wrecker steel, I have made by a machine shop.

coachgeo

am sure he ventures far enough beyond patent(s) to keep it good for everyone. Was not where was going with my question..... which coffey answered well. Build on my friend

Socommfg

Since you make part of the OEM M1089 Hydraulic system already..... would part of why you have to remake them differently.. be because you can not conflict with existing govt. contract/regulations? Just curious..... makes since if that is part of the reasoning in change to aluminum cases.
I make custom cable for different equipment. The steel case would be a PIA to mfg'er. A aluminum case would be easier and give the switching more protection. The steel case tend to rip the cover off.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have had a request to manufacture a Wrecker Control unit for the 1089 wreckers.

Before getting into running down all of the parts that are needed I would like to find out what the level of interest is. These will be made in new aluminum cases, unlike the original steel box.

Final cost will be reflected in the amount of interest, The plugs are very expensive.

We currently mfg'er the crane control cables for the 1089 and the Grove style Crane units and have the control assembly.

Hi Socommfg ,

Any chance that you are willing to manufacture the Remote Control Unit for the Grove Crane on the M1089? Got a neat picture in the TM, but the picture isn't going to do anything except make me drool... ;-)

TM 9-2320-366-10-1 on page 2-38 (PDF Page16) 8)

Tim Mullaney

Socommfg

Hi Socommfg ,

Any chance that you are willing to manufacture the Remote Control Unit for the Grove Crane on the M1089? Got a neat picture in the TM, but the picture isn't going to do anything except make me drool... ;-)

TM 9-2320-366-10-1 on page 2-38 (PDF Page16) 8)

Tim Mullaney
send me what you have and lets see what is available., and what interest is out there

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have new and used controllers in stock along with cables. Both standard and crushproof Also have some parts units.
Great! I will send a PM so you can figure out what it might cost me. THANK YOU!

Tim

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do have 1 chassis controller I can copy, if I can find the connectors.
Checking in to see if you had any success with remote controllers?
(from our earlier conversation a week or so ago)

Tim Mullaney

Socommfg

The crane controller and cables are in stock. New and used controllers.

The under carrage connector in becoming a pain in the A--. Got some fellers looking. I checked with the mfg'er and they are Very proud of their parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks