• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B Screen Backlight Issue

wittkins

Hello group,
So I have downloaded the CIM Brighten/Darken Specs and built out a Contrast Adjustment cable. When I unplug the P27 connector and plug in my adjustment cable, I have a beautiful color screen appear without any adjustment needed. When the P27 cable is plugged back in it goes dark again. When I plug in my CIM Brighten/Darken cable and disconnect the wire from 42 to 44, the screen goes dark just like when the P27 cable is plugged in. Has anyone else had this issue. There does not seem to be a need to adjust the contrast. I need to get the backlight to come on while the P27 cable is attached. Is there a fuse that might be causing this issue? Any Idea where I can short Pin 42/44 down the line on the P27 Cable or will that cause a problem?

Looked up the schematics and P44 goes to the panel lights. When I turn on the panel night lighting, the display turns on. So apparently I'm an idiot and just needed to turn on panel lighting to get display to function properly.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best answers are the ones we figure out ourselves. Good job getting squared away.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Color screens require backlight to be on, so turn the dashboard lights on when you turn on master

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry i didnt ask if you had a color screen or monochrome. It would have saved you the building of the tool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks