• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 803 help

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Light in the Dark. I almost guarantee that electrical cleaner will bring back your percent load gauge. That is the number 1 indicator of dirty contacts for me. I've been real lucky with Wal-mart electrical cleaner. Deoxit is fantansic but I can't get it local.
Never tried it, but probably cheap enough to pick some up and test. I see WD40 makes a spray contact cleaner now too.

WillsC

Listen to what the experts have to say on the Deoxit. My new (to me) 803 A had the same issue with the load meter not working. I could not find Deoxit locally so bought and used an entire can of Gunk brand electrical contact cleaner on the switches that did nothing. I ordered the Deoxit on Amazon and when I used it brown crud just POURED out of the switches. So the Gunk brand cleaner did nothing, the Deoxit fixed the load gauge instantly.....i'm a believer now. Will never buy another brand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks