• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salt and pepper

shannondeese

When I first enlisted in the Marine Corps in 93 there were a few salt and pepper camouflage vehicles running around. Does anyone have a picture of a HMMWV painted in salt and pepper camouflage? I want to paint mine similar. Thanks in advance.

DREDnot

"salt and pepper" made me think of the old pixelated "Dual-Tex" camo...

dual tex camo.jpg

But the only pics I find of a pixelated HMMWV are from video games like TOBASH's pic
I bet a HMMWV would look pretty awesome done in the "Dual Tex" with location appropriate MERDC colors

shannondeese

I have the pattern for the Marine Corps digital camouflage. But I want to paint this one different. My F350 is already the digi cam. My Deuce is desert tan. My 53 CJ is about to be OD green. So different is required.

DREDnot

Growing up in the seventies, Im partial to the MERDC four color camo pattern.

ford_mutt_m151_a2_lackierung_merdc_.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

MERDC HMMWV.jpg

I like how you can change one or two main colors to suit the terrain.

JEB

Allow me to ask a related question...

Are the various paint scheme done to an established patter (like Air Force camo schemes for different aircraft types) or are they done freestyle?
I've looked at a couple of HMMWV books, and they don't show the pattern, a glaring omission of there is a set design.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Allow me to ask a related question...

Are the various paint scheme done to an established patter (like Air Force camo schemes for different aircraft types) or are they done freestyle?
I've looked at a couple of HMMWV books, and they don't show the pattern, a glaring omission of there is a set design.
definite pattern scheme

https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=225282

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks