• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smoky start up

Hello--I have a '86 M1009. After having a new injector pump installed last month, my Blazer runs great now--but, for some strange reason, I am getting a of smoke on start-up--more than before the pump had to be replace. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Is there an additive I can add to the fuel that will reduce this smoke? Thanks in advance

Tom Lovinggood

90Jimmy

Could be the outside temps are lower than before the pump was installed, harder to start now, causing smoke. Maybe check glow plugs for “fun”.... just my thoughts. Good luck

cucvrus

Do you have a stock glow plug system? If the system is stock it will cycle the glow plugs a few times after the engine is running on a cold start . It works as an emissions cycle and aids in cold engine idling and smoothing the engine. I always liked that after glow. Good Luck.

snowtrac nome

cold start advance not working will cause lots of blue smoke ,also if the timing is a little off it will also smoke. You can't rely on the index marks to time it, that usually gets you in the ball park. I like running them a little advanced any way it gets you better throttle response and a cleaner burn the down side it will be louder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks