Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom Security System

Thanks
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,397 Posts

The use of train horns is illegal in most states.
    Unless on a real train of course.

If someone wants it bad enough, they will take it.
    Knowing where it went is the key.
    GPS trackers are worthless inside warehouses/buildings.
    LoJack is probably your best bet.
    The hidden kill switch is my personal choice.

There is another tracking option, but it’s not available to civilians.
    Government use only.
    We have the tracking receiver installed in the Helicopters.
    Simply amazing.
    That’s about as detailed as I can get about it.

I never leave mine unattended for very long.
    When I do, I use the steering wheel chain lock.
    Not foolproof but is a good deterrent.

I know how you feel, but relax and enjoy your truck
    Just never park where it’s out of your sight.
    1987 M1008A1 (2)
    1986 M1009
    1995 NF2D FloodLight/Kohler-Kubota Generator Set
    1992 M101A2 trailer (2)
    1987 M149A2 Water Buffalo (M149A1 Chassis)
    S-280 Shelter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinstar For This Useful Post:

Sharecropper (10-24-2019)

Thanks

Default Ultimate alarm

This may be overkill.

93 A3 w/weight reduction package.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to URSATDX For This Useful Post:

MarcusOReallyus (10-24-2019), Sharecropper (10-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,025 Posts

Yes, that's overkill. I once read about a system that is sold in overseas (but not here, for some reason) that includes flamethrowers shooting out the sides of the car.

That might do the trick.

Speaking of train horns, I once installed a phone in a Ford F350 that had train horns shoehorned in under the hood. The air tank was a long, slender unit mounted under the bed alongside the frame rail.

Yes, it was loud.

How about putting the train horn inside the cab, on a 5 or 10 second delay?
    ---------------------

Non standard parts in CUCV?
    You offend against the pure OEM design!
    Evaluate self! Reflect and repent!

Or... maybe not.

M1028, M101A2

I'm the dude, man! Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,598 Times in 3,362 Posts

i say go for it.

2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1979 AM General M920
    1984 AM General M915A1 (Big Cam III, HT3B Turbo, Brushless 24v Alternator with equalizer, A/C, Rear 20,000lb winch. 11R24 rear tires and 395s up front.)
    1984 AM General XM923A4 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrac nome View Post
    put in a manual transmission nobody can drive those these days.
    That will NOT keep a truck from getting stolen. My 79 K20 with the SM465 4spd got stolen out of my driveway...
    85 M1008
    86 M1008

Thanks

APRS.
    APRS trackers can switch relays via an APRS message, like the OpenTracker2... Hook it to the fuel shutoff solenoid.

You'll have location AND the ability to remotely shut it down.
    The only good cat is a stir-fried cat

• '84 M934
    • '86 M1031

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TechnoWeenie For This Useful Post:

Sharecropper (10-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,458 Times in 3,320 Posts

This would work. It would stop/kill the thief deter the crime. But it would destroy the truck also. On second thought. Cancel that thought.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine: Founding Father Quote.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LT67 View Post
    That will NOT keep a truck from getting stolen. My 79 K20 with the SM465 4spd got stolen out of my driveway...
    It's a JOKE, son.jpg

And because piling on is fun sometimes....

Calm down it's just a joke.jpg

It's called a joke.jpg
    Last edited by MarcusOReallyus; 10-26-2019 at 17:40.
    ---------------------

Non standard parts in CUCV?
    You offend against the pure OEM design!
    Evaluate self! Reflect and repent!

Or... maybe not.

M1028, M101A2

Thanks

I found this thread by reading up to see if Sharecropper had gone through with the 700r4 install yet.... planning on going with the kit from PATC myself as it does seem like they get you all of what you need.... Anyhow, this is an area where I may be able to help. I too share your anxiety about leaving your baby just sitting on the street. In my work truck I have successfully married 3 systems that do pretty much all of what I want. I do not want to tell you how much time it took but I will say in the end there is easily about $1500 materials/supplies into it but worth every penny.

First is a viper alarm with 2 way communication (can alert the fob of alarm from a quarter mile away). This was professionally installed. Standard sensors and starter kill switch when armed.

Second is a 4g gps tracker. It features (2) relay outputs controlled via text. One can kill the fuel. The other I have not used yet... It has battery backup in case power is cut to the vehicle. Tow alarm (moving w/o ignition.) Alarm output from the viper is routed to it so if the alarm goes off you will also get a text (all of these with gps link) low battery alarm... plenty of other things that do not need to be mentioned. Obviously you need cell service for any of the communication to happen but if you are in a no service area and you sned the command to kill fuel.... lemme tell you, it will kill it at the first hint of cell service, right about when you forgot you had sent it (I was testing the unit out, that was fun) Also you can use it as an alarm (with only door monitering so you can leave your dog in windows down and if a door is opened it will set off alarm as well as text. Dog would set off vibration alarm if Viper was armed.) Oh, this requires a basic 4g text plan. Shopping around I found one that gives plenty of overhead for about $3/mo.

Third and the most costly and time consuming part is an 8ch 1080p MDVR. Fabbing up custom housings to be waterproof and stealth took time and trial and error. Alibaba was my friend here. Lots of trial, error, learning. SSD drive, basically it turns on manually or when the viper turns on. Proximity sensor for the cab and pir sensor for the bed. Both of these sensors will trigger 940nm IR when dark (invisible to the bad guys so the do not know they are on camera for fear of vandalism/reprisal) Sensors also highlight which time segments had activity for reviewing... The interface is a little clunky and not geared towards security... more towards fleet management but it is a rock solid system. When the market demand is high enough and a more security minded MDVR comes available I am sure the cameras will work with it and I could swap it out. Would love to have video playback over wifi. It does have gps and overlays speed while driving as well as location etc.

Lastly, all of this requires lots of juice. I have a spare 100ah AGM as well as a 160w solar panel nestled up in the lumber rack. Armed during the day it is still charging(starting batteries first then overflowing to the AGM. At night running no IR it is probably about a 4a load between all 3 systems, and when the IR comes on that adds about another 3 amps. The IR turns off after 2 minutes.

Unfortunately you will likely have to cobble something together yourself but feel free to pick my brain here or via pm.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruzer747 For This Useful Post:

honda (11-15-2019), Sharecropper (11-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer747 View Post
    I found this thread by reading up to see if Sharecropper had gone through with the 700r4 install yet.... planning on going with the kit from PATC myself as it does seem like they get you all of what you need.... Anyhow, this is an area where I may be able to help. I too share your anxiety about leaving your baby just sitting on the street. In my work truck I have successfully married 3 systems that do pretty much all of what I want. I do not want to tell you how much time it took but I will say in the end there is easily about $1500 materials/supplies into it but worth every penny.

First is a viper alarm with 2 way communication (can alert the fob of alarm from a quarter mile away). This was professionally installed. Standard sensors and starter kill switch when armed.

Second is a 4g gps tracker. It features (2) relay outputs controlled via text. One can kill the fuel. The other I have not used yet... It has battery backup in case power is cut to the vehicle. Tow alarm (moving w/o ignition.) Alarm output from the viper is routed to it so if the alarm goes off you will also get a text (all of these with gps link) low battery alarm... plenty of other things that do not need to be mentioned. Obviously you need cell service for any of the communication to happen but if you are in a no service area and you sned the command to kill fuel.... lemme tell you, it will kill it at the first hint of cell service, right about when you forgot you had sent it (I was testing the unit out, that was fun) Also you can use it as an alarm (with only door monitering so you can leave your dog in windows down and if a door is opened it will set off alarm as well as text. Dog would set off vibration alarm if Viper was armed.) Oh, this requires a basic 4g text plan. Shopping around I found one that gives plenty of overhead for about $3/mo.

Third and the most costly and time consuming part is an 8ch 1080p MDVR. Fabbing up custom housings to be waterproof and stealth took time and trial and error. Alibaba was my friend here. Lots of trial, error, learning. SSD drive, basically it turns on manually or when the viper turns on. Proximity sensor for the cab and pir sensor for the bed. Both of these sensors will trigger 940nm IR when dark (invisible to the bad guys so the do not know they are on camera for fear of vandalism/reprisal) Sensors also highlight which time segments had activity for reviewing... The interface is a little clunky and not geared towards security... more towards fleet management but it is a rock solid system. When the market demand is high enough and a more security minded MDVR comes available I am sure the cameras will work with it and I could swap it out. Would love to have video playback over wifi. It does have gps and overlays speed while driving as well as location etc.

Lastly, all of this requires lots of juice. I have a spare 100ah AGM as well as a 160w solar panel nestled up in the lumber rack. Armed during the day it is still charging(starting batteries first then overflowing to the AGM. At night running no IR it is probably about a 4a load between all 3 systems, and when the IR comes on that adds about another 3 amps. The IR turns off after 2 minutes.

Unfortunately you will likely have to cobble something together yourself but feel free to pick my brain here or via pm.
    Thanks Cruzer. I will indeed reach out to you when the day comes to begin designing and installing my security system. It sounds like your system is just about what I am looking for.

Regarding my 700R4, I will comment in your thread over in the CUCV Modification forum.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharecropper For This Useful Post:

cruzer747 (11-05-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast