• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep803a conversion to single phase

technoid

I just bid on an 803a. I might be the winner. But now i am concerned that this genset cant be rewired to all single phase. Does anyone know if this unit is a 10 or 12 pole? And are there anyone out there who has successfully modified it fir single phase 120/240 volt use??

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its factory wired for 120/240. Single phase or 120/208 3 phase
Switch in control panel let's you select it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like jcollings said, no worries. The 803 will make 120 single, 120/240 single, and 120/208 3PH. You will select what you want it to produce, via a large switch on the wall behind the fold down gauge panel. Just make sure you are actually bidding on an 803, and not an 813 ;)

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also don't switch the selecting switch while running............

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, doing so might let out that magic white smoke that we all try to keep IN our machines during their lifetime.

technoid

Also don't switch the selecting switch while running............

Thank you! If i win it i will look for the switch. And yes. Never switch anything while running. I use to repair old Detroits with Delco 3 phase 480 generators that were use for powering well motors. Old school stuff. Old electrics. Im retired.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks