• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep802a max voltage setting

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you have the machine set, not only at the S8 but also on the faceplate gauges? What hertz are you running at, that you are determining this? Do you have the throttle pulled all the way out, and adjusted correctly?

Ray70

Are you reading 245 on the gage or on a DMM, etc.? You really have no reason to go above 245 but there is a Potentiometer in the voltage regulator ( accessible through the small hole in the cover just above the wire connections ) I don't really suggest messing with it if you don't need to because it is often covered with glyptal or other sealer and there is the possibility of damaging it if you are too rough with it, but you can gently adjust the voltage there in order to change the range on your voltage adjustment knob.

builmord

the frequency adjustment is not pulled all the way out but it is set at 60 hz. I assume engine rpm dictates frequency. I was just concerned that my max voltage was low at its highest setting. thanks for all the help. the gen is new to me , I am sure there will be more questions

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, RPMs set frequency. Most U.S. appliances will have no issues with voltage between 110-120 and 220-240VAC, so topping out at 245 shouldn't be an issue unless you're trying to do something weird with 277VAC or something.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to pull that throttle cable out, and reset the hertz as needed. Dont run the machine at sub 1800, its not good for the electronics. You might find the voltage range changes if you are running at proper RPM. Not doing so can damage the VR.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

245 volts, why are you trying to go that high?
you want 240 on the guage and a seperate multi-meter to really know where you are at.

For operating single phase 120/240 60Hz

Do not sweat the small stuff.

Get the unit up and running at a nice 120/240 60Hz

builmord

not sure of how to use frequency control. so I push the button and pull it totally out and then use the knob to adjust the frequency ? or do I pull it out to get a rough frequency adjustment and then fine tune it with the knob ?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes push the button in, then pull the cable out, and release the middle button. This should lock into place. All this is doing is adjusting the gross RPMs up. The turning motion of this cable is what does the fine adjustment to tune the RPMS to match up to your desired hertz reading. If you trace the cable back, you will see where it interfaces, and how there are factory preset stops for high and low throttle. I still don't understand why the government allowed these sets to vary RPM to such a degree, because the low idle position is of no benefit that I can possibly think of... only bad news comes from running these below rated speed (in regards to electronics).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks