• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case leak

Navy dude

I seem to have a small leak from my transfer case at the flange around the opening where the rear drive shaft enters the case. I had a mechanic rebuild my transmission and it works great now but before I bring it back for the leak..... any thoughts on a cause or fix? The mechanic also reported the tranfer case was very low on fluid and filled. He is not a HMMWV guy but seems pretty competent. I'm just wondering if there are any gotchas or experience out there with this type of leak, thanks! By the way, it's not a major leak but maybe 5 to 10 drops a day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks