• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up an M151, and need help finding a part

CAPSARME

I just picked up a 64 M151, and I need the underbody repair kit large (major) for it. Does any one know where to get one? Or where to look for the most complete kit out there. I just ordered a bunch of panels I need from Cameron mfg. But they dont offer the underbody kit at this time. Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tnj murray?
I was going to say this. Murray is my source for all of my MUTT parts. It shocks me how much NOS stuff he's got! If anyone is near him, it is worth the ride out to his place in Dover, DE just to walk through his warehouses and yard.

CAPSARME

Frontline has one left. $1500. Tnj has partial kits for $450.

I just ordered a ton of panels from Cameron, and I think I will wait for their kit to come out later on.

m38inmaine

If that was the one in Prospect or Birch Harbor? I got stung by hornets when I opened the hood on it. That one will keep you busy replacing metal for sure, keep us posted.

Last edited:

CAPSARME

Birch harbor. the price was right and he did mention some one getting stung earlier this summer. I'll be busy this winter with it and I ordered every piece of metal that was rusty aside from the hat channels. All I need to get is those and I'll have all the rot gone.

m38inmaine

After passing on that one I purchased a 74 A2 a little further down the road. You might try Red River Parts in TX, they have a ton of m151 parts, I just received a large box of M51 parts from them, you have to have the part numbers ready when you call.

hambone

Blake (Red River) sold all his large underbody kits to TNJ several years ago, he had some small kits available several months ago, it consisted of the rear panel and the transmission support panel for a little over $100. He had some NOS rear support panels, the ones that run across between the front and rear seat. Red River has the best selection and prices on 151 parts, he supplies a lot of vendors with parts.

hambone

Frontline has one left. $1500. Tnj has partial kits for $450.

I just ordered a ton of panels from Cameron, and I think I will wait for their kit to come out later on.
:shock: They were $500 last year, I thought that was ridiculous, you could pick them up a few years ago for $250, Guy at CMD said he would eventually build some.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that was the one in Prospect or Birch Harbor? I got stung by hornets when I opened the hood on it. That one will keep you busy replacing metal for sure, keep us posted.
Amazing, same thing happened to me looking at a M151A2 after opening the battery cover this past summer in TN...

I killed several with starting fluid and passed on the Jeep as it needed too many repairs and it's history was "questionable"... (data plate not stamped).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks